Saint-Gervais - Saint-Protais

The organ

The organ was built by Francois-Henri Clicquot, using parts of the former organ.
Most of the 41 stops are old (17 from the 17th century, 15 from the 18th century, including all reeds, only five stops are reconstructed in 1974). All wind-chests date from before the revolution.
This organ has been restored in the seventies of the past century. Despite the presence of so many (very) old stops, the result is not quite convincing: it lacks the brilliance and powerfull, monumental sound of the typical classical French organ as we know that from Houdan, Thiérache, Poitiers and so on). Or is this simply the intended and specific character of this specific organ?

Main builder History Latest restauration
1768 Francois-Henri Clicquot 1601- Mathieu Langhedul
1628 - Pierre Pescheur
1659 - Pierre Thierry
1676 - 1685 - Alexandre Thierry
1714 - François Thierry
1758 - 68 - Louis Bessart
1766 - 69 - 1780 - François-Henri Clicquot
1812 - Pierre-François Dallery
1843 - Louis-Paul Dallery
1923 - Louis Béasse
1974 - Gonzalez
2000 - Muhleisen
1974 - Gonzalez

V/41 - Mechanical traction
Stoplist


Titulaires
: Aude Heurtematte, Olivier Trachier, Jean-Baptiste Courtois
Famous organists in the past: Couperin family (1653-1826)

Concerts: each first saturday of the month (except summer), 16.00.
Masses with organ: saturday 18.30 sunday 11.00



Specific links: History of the organ

Messe à St Gervais: Communion

Messe à St Gervais: Sortie


next